I've finally gotten all the things that kept me from keeping up with my sketchblog worked out and I have more time to myself. So I am putting the call out again for an art peer with the exception that if you are interested please be serious about it. I've put these calls out before and people back out after a short time. Art isn't as fun for me alone so it's important to me to get someone who will stick it consistently. I also get my best work done when I collaborate so all the more reason to get someone to join me. I'll explain a bit more below on what I have in mind:
1. Evey two days we will alternate at picking a topic or word and sketch it out and post it via tumblr. If you see what I have up in my gallery you'll get what I mean but it doesn't have to be that cleaned up.
2. I have some writing exercises I want to do that are very quick and easy. In between a drawing day we will post one of these up as well.
Both of these activities shouldn't take too long, no more than 30 minutes unless you really get into it, and are very low pressure.
Things to consider
1. Don't worry about your skill level it's all for fun.
I take for granted that I am more comfortable with my level of art skills and I've forgotten how shy I was at posting my art at first but the more you do it the less of ordeal it will be. So be ready to take that plunge and remember that this is not a contest or test to be passed. It's all for fun.
2. There is no level of "completeness" required.
The idea is to get us posting consistently and all I want is for some clarity on what you did. So at least some clean up but as far as I am concerned even pencils sketches or drawings with construction still showing is perfectly fine. Just put some effort into it is all I ask.
3. Critiques will be done by request.
To keep this low pressure and if you really are self conscious about your work we'll only do critiques for each other if you ask for it.
4. Make sure you can devote the time to this before saying you want to do it.
I know it sounds like not much now but if you don't think you can keep up with it before you join in don't do so. The trick is to put it onto your personal schedule at a time you know you won't be generally busy. And remember these should take too long to do and if all you can get is a small scribble that is fine. I only ask that you stick with it.
The ask box offer from last post is now closed due to lack of interest. No one asked for anything all year. How sad for me, yes? Ha!